Makes: 4 Servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Enjoy this super-quick and refreshing salad featuring melon and feta cheese. You can substitute any of your favorite fresh-cut fruit items, such as grapes, mangoes, etc.
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 cups cantaloupe chunks
- 1/4 cup medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups fresh spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
United States Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/myplate-cnpp/fruit-feta-salad
Produce for Better Health