Makes: 4 Servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Diced strawberries, mango and fat free feta cheese provide the perfect balance of sweet, savory and tangy for these quick and colorful brunch or lunch toast points.
· 1 ripe mango (divided)
· 2 cups strawberries (divided)
· 1/2 cup fat free feta cheese crumbles
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 cup basil leaves (plus 2 tbsp. for topping)
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 4 slices whole-wheat bread
1. Peel and pit mango. Dice 3/4 of mango and 3/4 of strawberries; place in large bowl with feta cheese. Put remaining fruit, 1/4 cup basil, vinegar and oil in a blender and blend.
2. Pour blended vinaigrette over fruit-feta mix and toss gently.
3. Chop remaining basil leaves.
4. Toast bread slices and cut each slice diagonally.
5. Top toast points with dressed fruit-feta mix and chopped basil.
United States Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/myplate-cnpp/strawberry-mango-feta-toast-points