Makes: 8 servings
This pot roast recipe is seasoned with orange juice, allspice, and pepper for a savory meal.
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast (boneless)
- 2 cups water (hot)
- 1 beef bouillon (cube)
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, put the bouillon cube in 2 cups hot water. Stir it until the bouillon cube dissolves. This will make 2 cups of beef broth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the broth, orange juice, allspice, and pepper.
- Peel and chop the onion to make 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- Put 2 tablespoons water in the skillet. Heat on medium.
- Put the onion in the skillet. Simmer it until tender.
- Add the roast to the skillet. Brown it on all sides.
- Pour the broth mix over the meat in the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
United States Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/beef-pot-roast
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network