Makes: 4 Servings
Total Cost: $$
Prep time: 20 minutes
Start your day with a breakfast twist on classic bruschetta: avocados, tomato, hard-boiled egg, and ricotta with basil atop toasted rustic whole-grain bread.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (plus 2 tbsp for garnish)
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled)
- 12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (reduced-fat)
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tbsp. basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8-oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk.
U.S. Department of Agriculture - https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/myplate-cnpp/avocado-breakfast-bruschetta